Friday 19 July 2013

Finding Everywhere

Gingham is an all time favourite pattern of mine. It has been around and come back into vogue again and again from the 17th century to now but once more, just of late, I am finding it everywhere.

A lot of people might see gingham too twee or too country cutesie to really inspire but not so these finds which I think have just the right amount of fresh and modern with enough of the recognisable graphic homespun charm still intact. Check these out - gingham goodness galore.




























































































1. Orange and black makeup bag Lucy Blaire Handmade via Etsy
2. These blue gingham earrings by Anliz on Etsy sold in the time it took me to grab the pic and show you and I am not surprised as they were my most coveted find - I share them simply to inspire 
3. The best part about these booties is that they are reversible - the other side grey and white spots! I think they are meant to live at my place. Booties by Molipop on Etsy
4. Get your draw on in style with these gingham rainbow pencils The Paper Crown via Etsy
5. How Joyful supplies Washi tape in teal gingham
6. Blue Gingham Bistro Bowl from Peters of Kensington
7. Kiss Me Quick Hand Embroidered Hoop Art by Candykins Crafts from Down that Little Lane online store
9. Red Gingham Boy's Bow Tie by Aruricards
10. I love this little appliquéd Navy Gingham Alligator Pillow Cover by Wren and Rumor. It is a travel cushion size but I think it would look great in a little boys room!
11. I am an accessory addict and this Blue Gingham Infinity Scarf by Forgotten Cotton would be a welcome addition to my growing collection
12. It's a picnic everyday anywhere with this Oilcloth Lunch Bag by Blue Tulip. Their store also has great shopping bags and makeup bags in many gingham shades
14. Yellow gingham dinner plate by Rose Fleur Designs via Zazzle
15. Orange Gingham Matrioshka Lingerie Fabric Bag, Coquelicot Bergamote via Etsy
16. Large Gingham Milk Jug, Ruby Rose Interiors from Down that Little Lane online store
17. My summer wish list has these at the top Kate Spade New York for Keds InActive
18. This Polar Bear is part of a whole bedroom collection by Bibelotte. I love their kids linen, especially the greys and blacks as they work for younger and older kids alike
19. A great demonstrator of the modern classic look that can be achieved with gingham is Fog Linen - these trays and other items are available in Australia through Dunlin
20. Red Gingham Medium Zipper Pouch Holly and Alder via Etsy

In the end this was a little bit of an Etsy window shopping spree - there are just so many great makers on there using gingham powers for good but expect to see a lot more in the mainstream shops soon as I am quite literally finding it everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment