Tuesday 6 December 2011

Party inspiration

In just a few short weeks my little man turns 1! I can hardly believe it - where has that year gone.
In thinking about a 'theme' for his party I realised it was, at this early stage, not something he
would understand or appreciate so have set about making it just a fun and colourful occasion.

Before he was born I bought a number of polka dot things - vintage and new - thinking that they
would be appropriate for both a little boy or a little girl (I was still awaiting that big surprise 12 months ago).
On later reflection polka dot clothes are a little more suited to girls (into storage they go - just in case).
There is no reason polka dots aren't right for a little boys party though. I think I have gone dotty in the process.

Here are some ideas I came across. How gorgeous is this cake? I have also found straws like this and am tempted.









I then searched the web for dots and dot invitations and came across these images (below) that
grabbed my attention colour wise and have now formed the basis for the colour palette of the party.









I also found a great little invitation (not pictured) with bunting that I liked and tried to emulate in
my own way. Here is the result - quite close to the original but I liked it so much






















I am hoping there will be time in the next week to make some decorations such as pom poms
(but who knew dot tissue paper is so hard to find?) and bunting and will be making favour boxes
covered in dots. Fingers crossed I can find green, orange and blue smarties for the cake.

The actual results to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment