Thursday 26 January 2012

Oz it up Day

Happy Australia Day all. I enjoyed mine and while I don't go in for the flag waving (I actually dressed my son in an Austria t-shirt for the irony) I say each to their own and I in did take part in a compulsory sausage sizzle with family. While I enjoyed my snag sandwich with onion and barbecue sauce (as is the only way) I contemplated what little Ozzy discoveries I would like to celebrate.

The first is the beautiful, Australian nature inspired, furniture and linen of Melbourne based Bonnie and Neil - here is just a taste of their beautiful products


























The other is this beautiful home in Victoria by architect Chris Clarke. To me it seems the essence of Australian living and the story behind it speaks volumes of the Australian character. The original house was destroyed in the 2009 bushfires in Victoria but Chris has rebuilt it in the same spot to be fire-smart and sustainable. What resilience! I first saw it featured in House & Garden mag earlier this year and have just discovered it is was on the Australian version of my all time favourite show Grand Designs (alas on pay TV so I am yet to see it). 



























































Here is the whole photoshoot from the magazine - note the pool - um drool! I hope you enjoy looking at the images with a glass of Australian wine or a good cuppa (not Ozzy technically but we embrace
it like it is) and a lamington.

No comments:

Post a Comment