Friday 6 April 2012

Found Friday

Well I haven't found as much time for finding as I would have liked on holiday - nor time for anything else - where did it all go? I have fit in a few swims and beach walks, an early morning river stroll with the first chills of autumn, some great catch ups with old friends and a revisit of some favourite finding haunts (my jollys further afield will have to wait for the next visit as Easter festivities take over for the rest of my time here).

I did manage to find some great fabric remnants - 2 are big enough to probably warrant a little more respect than that

Here they are in my folks backyard - perched on their found object bean trellis. The one on the left is a grey, purple, orange and turquoise chinoiserie fabric featuring foo dogs like the ceramic turquoise ones I am fond of - like these at Ada & Darcy

The middle is an 80's esque multicoloured pattern that grabbed my eye and I hope to use in some pattern clash cushion creations. Lastly sunny yellow diagonal stripes - so 70's Swedish - my yellow obsession for the new loungeroom continues.
























I also fond this sweet handpainted doily





















While we are on the subject of my folks garden I love this other bean trellis made from bed springs - I think I know where I get this from. I have been snapping away at all their plants as well and will show you the inspiration I have found in pots and planters some time next week. Off to catch some zzz's now to enjoy the bagpiping tomorrow. Ooh I feel a tartan feature coming on - Vivienne Westwood wallpaper anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment