Saturday 25 May 2013

Appreciate or Emulate

Here's how you can climb every Mountain at home, in love, out and about and on your very own






This weeks decorate ideas are all, rightly, for little explorers






I think there is nothing more beautiful than a mountain wedding - it lends itself to some beautiful decorations and a 'running away to the hills' atmosphere. I fantasise often about winning the lotto and flying my family and dear friends all to the Spanish Pyrenees where mine and my mans love flourished in our adventures together around small pockets of the world - here we could have a mountain high celebration of our own. In the meantime I will enjoy these pics from some beautiful mountain weddings - hope you do too.



This wedding on Mountain Side Bride, above, in particular takes my breath away - every little detail including that red dress oh my!





























It's all in the detail of this Rocky Mountain Wedding via Style Me Pretty. I especially love these vintage postcard feeling favour bags.


























Vintage and intimate is the vibe of this couple for their Colorado Mountain Wedding as seen on Ruffled




























Lastly this is not so much a wedding as a Love Festival on a hillside in California from Green Wedding Shoes







Everyone is rocking the mountain look



Him - wearing, among other things, a Mountain Print shirt from Nemis




Her - I love this mountain print scarf from Totokaelo





























































Them - Uber cute leggings for bambino from Salt City Emporium on Etsy and this clever and cute top by Swallow Return





This could be where I tell you to take a hike but as that is neither polite or in some cases practical I thought instead to show you a little experimental DIY I did today.

I was inspired by this







































And by a mother that hails from the Blue Mountains and 2 lovely sisters who when together visiting said Mountains as children were snapped by many a foreign tourist standing in front of the 3 Sisters -
to have a go at making my own rubber stamp.

Trust me when I say this was a very quick and rough first attempt but I am reasonably happy with the results - there may not be an eraser left standing in the house by the end of the weekend as I practice and get stamping.


























She'll be comin round the mountain again I suspect as I have loved every minute of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment