Thursday 12 July 2012

DIY Tie Dye Skirt

I have been enjoying the fashion and homewares trends of tie dye and dip dye a lot, you might recall I wrote about it in Got the blues way back in January. I have been inspired by that and a few fashion revamp blogs I am following to make my own little op-shop revamp.

I bought this very plain and very beige skirt for a few dollars and while the shape and fit were great beige is not my cup of tea.



Some scrunching, rubber bands and a go in the washing machine with some grey dye, I chose grey as it is a staple in my wardrobe but I have been loving the neutral ties dyes that have been so in and I thought with beige as a background dark grey would work well...



And voila a new skirt 





















Today it had it's first outing on a visit to the museum - I am quite happy with the result.


No comments:

Post a Comment