Sunday 1 July 2012

Rocky My World - Kitchens

A kitchen is the heart of a home and these kitchens have a whole lot of heart.

I love the rustic charm of the stone but I also love the raw timber and the grand scale of them. The modern furniture and lighting in the first is a beautiful contrast (images 1 and 2) and I love the modern lines of the cabinetry in the second (images 3 and 4). These touches stop the stone from being too country twee and make the kitchens modern but still cosy, tactile and charming.

They make me want to cook up a huge roast with all the trimmings for all of my family and friends followed by apple and rhubarb crumble and homemade vanilla custard.

Now my heart just needs to find a french country farm house kitchen of its own.













































Source of images
1 & 2 via pufikhomes.com
4 via decordir.com

No comments:

Post a Comment